European contingent to tour USM Polymer Institute
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — The University of Southern Mississippi will host some European scientists and officials for tours of the Mississippi Polymer Institute on the Hattiesburg campus on April 24-26.
The visit is being conducted within the European Commission's Worldwide Intercluster Initiative for New Materials and Processes Focused on Clean Technology (WIINTECH). The WIINTECH network links eight European regions representing more than 2,500 companies and research centers working in materials and processes applied to clean technologies.
The Mississippi Polymer Institute is one of two sites in North American chosen by the commission to participate in the project. The other is PolymerOhio, an Ohio Edison Technology Center located in Westerville, Ohio.
The group will also visit the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, some industrial sites and meet with researchers and businesses.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims