European-style socialism imploding right before our eyes
America is a runaway train plunging downhill at an ever-increasing rate of speed. How fast is a $16 trillion debt constantly augmented by a rapidly rising annual deficit exceeding $1.3 trillion per year since President Obama came into office, more than doubling the rate of that under the George W. Bush administration? During his campaign in 2008 Obama called Bush's deficit spending “irresponsible and unpatriotic.” Obama's rhetoric is farcical and by now the American public should know it.
NewsOK Related Articles
The problem for America's future lies in Obama's undeniably socialistic ideological persuasion. His administration's policies point consistently toward increasing governmental control over ever-larger segments of our social structure: health care, the auto industry, food stamps (an increase of 14 million people getting food stamps in the past 3 ½ years), the petroleum industry handcuffed by excessive EPA roadblocks, the discouraging of business enterprise through layer upon layer of governmental regulations.
The Big Brother smog descending over this country is truly frightening. The entitlement philosophy of European-style socialism is imploding right before our eyes. Will America wake up in time to keep the train from plunging over the cliff?
Don Alexander, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures