Ever-growing federal government sickening
If the federal government abolished the Constitution and embraced totalitarianism, would you stand up and declare that you won't submit to the government? If the answer is no, you'll continue to be tied to Washington no matter what decisions are made there; then I wish you luck and bid you a fond farewell. As for me, I think the actions of the federal government have in fact exceeded constitutional bounds and stand ready to dissolve my ties. I don't make this decision lightly or happily. I fought for my country in the U.S. Navy; the thought of separating frankly sickens me. The idea of losing what I formerly fought for to an ever-growing federal government sickens me more. It's time to consider a new nation founded on the old American values of liberty and personal responsibility.
NewsOK Related Articles
Russell McDaniel, Wellston
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater