Everton sign former Germany midfielder
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Everton have signed former Germany international Thomas Hitzelsperger to a short-term contract, after he proved to club officials that he's bounced back from his knee injury.
The midfielder has been training with the English Premier League's in-form team for a month, after being released by the Bundesliga's Wolfsburg. The free agent has signed a contract keeping him at the club until January.
If international clearance is granted, the 30-year-old will be eligible for Sunday's Premier League fixture at Queens Park Rangers.
The move means a return to the league for Hitzelsperger, who spent four years at Aston Villa and was part of an unsuccessful attempt to keep West Ham in the league in the 2010-11 season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad