Here I am talking about that fabulous fruit the succulent strawberry once again. I enjoyed my field trip to Wild Things Farm in Pocola immensely, so I just had to share a few more recipes, and some cool facts I learned from the University of Illinois Extension Center.
After picking a couple of gallons of strawberries in less than a half an hour, I thought I’d see if I could make strawberry freezer jam in about the same amount of time.
Guess what? Strawberry freezer jam is easy and quick! I’m including the recipe and some pictures from my latest berry picking rendezvous. Wild Things Farm still has berries and if you are unable to pick yourself, you can purchase these pesticide free strawberries from their produce shed.
Did you know that:
• Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
• Over 53 percent of 7- to 9-year-olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
• Eight strawberries will provide 140 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C for kids.
• One cup of strawberries is only 55 calories.
• On average, there are 200 seeds in a strawberry.