Ex-BP rig supervisor testifies at Gulf spill trial
NEW ORLEANS — A retired BP employee who supervised drilling operations on the rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico testified Wednesday that he never felt pressure to sacrifice safety to save money, even though the project was behind schedule and over budget.
“I don't believe in pushing people to keep schedules. I'm just not going to do it, especially if safety is involved,” former BP well site leader Ronnie Sepulvado said at a federal trial...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures