Ex-bursar for Oklahoma City Community College is sentenced in embezzlement
Brandi J. Henson, 49, of Yukon, was ordered to repay Oklahoma City Community College nearly $400,000 she admitted stealing by accessing school's financial accounts while working as a bursar for them.
These refunds, of which there are hundreds each semester, are processed through an online PayPal account and issued via debit card, the spokesman said. The crime was a federal charge because the servers for processing the refunds are located outside of Oklahoma.
The school began investigating in July 2011 after several transactions were red-flagged by the credit card company through which student refunds are issued.
The school has since implemented new procedures to increase oversight, according to the spokesman.
Henson was hired by the school in 1990 and began working as a bursar in 2003. She resigned in September 2011.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges