Ex-Mass. US Sen. Brown talking to Fox about job
BOSTON (AP) — Former Massachusetts U.S. Sen. Scott Brown is in talks with Fox News about a possible job as a contributor.
A spokeswoman for the network confirms the discussions, first reported Wednesday by Politico.
The talks come a week after Brown announced he wouldn't run a third time for the Senate. A spokesman for the Republican hasn't returned a message seeking comment.
Brown lost to Democrat Elizabeth Warren last year and is quickly building a post-Senate life. He has joined the board of directors of Westford-based paper company Kadant (KAY'-duhnt) Inc.
Kadant president Jonathan Painter says the company welcomes the chance to draw on Brown's "wealth of experience." Brown says he looks forward to "contributing to the future direction" of the company.
Brown announced last week he won't seek Secretary of State John Kerry's former Senate seat.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday