Ex-middle school worker accused of fondling student, 13
Anthony J. Starks, 25, of Midwest City, is facing a felony charge of lewd acts with a child under 16.
Prosecutors in Oklahoma County have filed a felony charge against a former middle school employee accused of fondling a 13-year-old girl, court records show.
Anthony Jerome Starks, 25, of Midwest City, was charged Tuesday with the crime of indecent or lewd acts with a child under 16.
Starks is accused of rubbing the neck and back of a Del Crest Middle School student in November and then inserting his fingers in the waistband of her pants and touching the top of her buttocks, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The girl ran out of the classroom and into a restroom and called her mother, police reported. The student told police Starks had been giving her candy and food during her time in school detention, according to the affidavit.
Starks was not a teacher at Del Crest, but an hourly employee who was paid to watch students with disciplinary problems do their homework, a school spokeswoman said.
He was fired after the incident was reported, spokeswoman Stacey Boyer said.
“Anthony Starks was an hourly employee at Mid-Del Schools from August 2012 until Nov. 28, 2012. At his time of employment, he met the criteria for background checks identified by the laws set forth by the state of Oklahoma,” Boyer said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister