H: ° L: °,
Ex-MLBer Booty wins knuckler show, joins D-backs
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Former major league infielder Josh Booty has won a reality television show by throwing the best knuckleball, and will go to spring training with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Booty is set to report to camp Friday with a non-roster invitation.
The show on the MLB Network was called "The Next Knuckler." Booty met Thursday with Diamondbacks announcer Tom Candiotti, a longtime knuckleballer in the majors.
The 37-year-old Booty played 13 games for the Marlins from 1996-98. He also played quarterback at LSU.
Booty was among five former college quarterbacks in the competition. His brother, John David Booty, was joined by Doug Flutie, David Greene and Ryan Perrilloux.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments