Ex-NFL WR Rison sentenced in child support case
PHOENIX (AP) — Former NFL receiver Andre Rison was sentenced on Monday in federal district court in Phoenix to five years' probation and more than $300,000 in restitution for not paying child support.
The Arizona Republic reports (http://bit.ly/NgVQwW) that the indictment accused Rison of failing to pay more than $10,000 between August 2008 to August 2011.
The indictment says the due date for his payments had passed about three years ago. Court documents say his 13-year-old child lived in Phoenix at the time the payments were due.
A federal official says Rison also is expected to continue monthly child support payments of close to $2,350.
Rison played 13 seasons in the NFL with seven teams. Most of his best seasons came with the Atlanta Falcons. He made five Pro Bowl appearances.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash