Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The nation is having a serious discussion on gun violence right now. We've seen nothing from the NRA that descends into the gutter that Kaul put himself in, but some gun control opponents do engage in irrational, personal attacks. Supporters, meanwhile, milk the Newtown tragedy with irrational arguments — such as saying that those who disagree with them might as well have pulled the trigger at Sandy Hook.
Extreme views triggered by gun violence debate
NewsOK Related Articles
Extreme views were bound to surface after Newtown. Let's holster our emotions and keep this debate in the realm of rationality.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss