Family looks back one year after near tragedy, encourages blood donations
Katy Roybal was celebrating the birth of her first child when she suffered complications after childbirth and needed 22 units of blood and platelets. One year later, she and her husband are encouraging others to donate blood.
As they celebrated the birth of their first child Dec. 22, 2011, Bryan Roybal noticed his wife, Katy, looked pale.
Hours after giving birth to daughter Jane, Katy Roybal was hemorrhaging.
“It was pretty intense from there,” Bryan Roybal said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort