Family of Austin Box attends OU Senior Day festivities
OU SENIOR DAY — The University of Oklahoma football team held it's annual Senior Day festivities on Saturday in Norman. It was especially emotional this year as the family of Austin Box attended and participated in the events.
Videoview all videos
Nov 26On a cold and blustery Senior Day in Norman, Oklahoma...
Nov 26Travis Haney and Berry Tramel talk about the Sooners...
Photoview all 59 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
No player savored the moment quite like tight end Trent Ratterree.
Ratterree grew up dreaming about playing for the Sooners and walked on to OU after a career at Weatherford High School.
“It's crazy because 15 years ago on Thanksgiving Day, that's the day I'd dress up in my football pads and go out and play and now I'm doing this on Thanksgiving (weekend),” Ratterree said. “It's a fun thing.”
Ratterree had one reception — a 10-yard catch early in the second quarter — in his final appearance at Owen Field.
“The feeling I get when all these people are yelling and screaming and asking for your gloves, the love you can feel when you're down there is unlike anything else,” he said. “Now, to know I will never step foot in pads on this field again, it's not a sad thing.
“Things end. It's just how life goes.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation