Family of Paul's Valley woman who died in police custody seeks answers
PAULS VALLEY — The family of a woman arrested while seeking medical attention at a hospital — who later died — has hired an attorney to investigate possible medical negligence.
Jamie Russell, 33, was arrested Jan. 2 at Pauls Valley General Hospital by police officers who said she was combative and in possession of drugs not prescribed to her.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law