Family pet leads father to man's body near Chickasha
Danny Ray Franklin, 31, was found dead near Chickasha on Monday. Officials said his body was found behind his family's land-surveying business at 1066 County Road 1383.
CHICKASHA — The behavior of the family dog led a Chickasha man to his son's body Monday, officials with the Grady County sheriff's office said.
Maj. Angie Chiarappa said the dog kept going outside and was acting differently, apparently having discovered the body of Danny Ray Franklin, 31, behind the family business at 1066 County Road 1383.
Chiarappa said the father told authorities his son didn't come to work at the family land-surveying business Monday. After noticing the dog's actions, Franklin's father took a walk around the property and found his son near the tree line, Chiarappa said.
The Grady County sheriff's office and Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation are working the case as a homicide because it appears to be suspicious, authorities said. Chiarappa said officials have not made any arrests.
Officials said they do not know how Franklin died and are awaiting autopsy results from the state medical examiner's office.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad