Famous foodies bring Oklahoma flavor to nation
As country music singers are to Oklahoma, so are cooks and foodies. Here are five native Oklahomans who have gone on to national fame, while still acknowledging their Oklahoma ties. And while some do tackle traditional Southern favorites, others’ choice of culinary expertise just might surprise you.
Rick Bayless, award-winning chefThe king of Gourmet Mexican cooking is from Oklahoma City, and is the fourth generation in an Oklahoma family of restaurateurs and grocers. An...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims