Farm, construction income push quarterly income gains in Oklahoma
Personal income in Oklahoma grew faster than the national average in the third quarter, the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis said Wednesday.
Oklahoma's personal income was $143.8 billion in the third quarter of 2011, the bureau said. It grew at a quarterly rate of 1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2011 and the first quarter of 2012 before slowing to 0.7 percent growth in the second quarter of 2012.
The bureau calculates personal income by including income from all sources. It includes wages, rental payments, interest, dividends and government transfers such as Social Security and unemployment compensation.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction