Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Fashion show sponsored by Oklahoma State University students will benefit single mothers and women in military
By Heather Warlick
| Published: March 5, 2012
STILLWATER — Enabling military women and single mothers to complete their higher education is the goal of a new student group at Oklahoma State University.
With corporate support from Conoco
The AAUW will host its first fundraiser, An Evening of Arts and Fashion, on March 16 at the Click Family Alumni Hall of the ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center at OSU.
The event is a formal evening of arts and fashion, with dinner and wine, a silent auction, dance and opera performances, all culminating in a couture fashion show featuring the creations of Alice Stella Thomas Kelsey — also known by her design name, Stella Thomas.
The event will raise funds to enable AAUW to provide laptop computers to military women to continue their online educations and to stay in touch with their families while serving tours of duty. AAUW also provides support to single mothers who are continuing their education.
“Helping our military women stay connected with their families and continue their education is our way to give back to those who give to all of us by serving our nation,” said Jeretta Horn Nord, co-advisor of AAUW, in a news release.
An Evening of Arts and Fashion will begin with a reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by a dinner and program in the Click Hall at 201 ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center.
For tickets or to sponsor a table at the event, contact Horn Nord at (405) 747-0320 or co-advisor Shelby Lane at (405) 744-5075.