Father arrested on child abuse complaint in Oklahoma City
Larry B. Smith, 50, was arrested after police found Smith's 13-year-old son in his underwear with welts on his shoulders, legs, arms, back and buttocks.
The father of a teen with welts on his shoulders, legs, arms, back and buttocks was arrested on complaints of child abuse and domestic violence, Oklahoma City police reported Wednesday.
Police responded to a disturbance about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 3200 block of SE 57 and found a 13-year-old in his underwear, crying and standing by the street, according to the incident report.
Police handcuffed Larry B. Smith, 50, who said he had been spanking his son because he found pornographic images on the teen's phone and that all the minutes on his son's phone were used, according to the report.
Officers noted the 13-year-old had blood splattered from his nose and his underwear was red with blood, according to the report.
Smith told police his son's nose was bleeding before the incident. The teen was taken to a hospital.
Smith was taken to the Oklahoma County jail, where he was being held without bail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M