Faulty reading forces second school evacuation in Oklahoma City

Coolidge Elementary School, 5212 S Villa Ave., in Oklahoma City, was evacuated Tuesday after a natural gas detector gave a faulty reading.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: November 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm •  Published: November 12, 2013
Advertisement
;

An Oklahoma City elementary school was evacuated Tuesday, making it the second school evacuated in the city in as many days.

Coolidge Elementary School was evacuated about 1:30 p.m. when a maintenance worker's natural gas detector went off.

It was later determined the detector had malfunctioned, Oklahoma City Public Schools spokeswoman Tierney Tinnin said.

On Monday, Lee Elementary School was evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak that caused several staff members and students to fall ill.

At Coolidge, students and staff were sent outside after the detector went off. Firefighters, maintenance workers and Oklahoma Natural Gas workers searched the school for more than three hours before an all-clear was issued.


Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Former OU coach Sunny Golloway goes off at Auburn
  2. 2
    Chelsea Clinton Is Pregnant
  3. 3
    Tulsa World: Missouri’s Frank Haith positioned to become TU’s basketball coach
  4. 4
    Oklahoma football: Peyton Manning stops by Sooners film session
  5. 5
    VIDEO: A look at the Air Jordan XX9 in Thunder colors
+ show more