FBI agent is shot during training exercise in Edmond
An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center. Federal officers are investigating.
EDMOND — An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center.
FBI spokesman Rick Rains did not identify the agent but said he was listed in good condition.
The injured agent was taken by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Family members have been notified, Rains said.
The FBI's emergency medical technicians at the scene administered help until he could be airlifted, Rains said.
The shooting occurred about 3:25 p.m. during a training exercise, Rains said.
Federal agents are investigating what happened at the firing range, which is east of Midwest Boulevard on Danforth Road.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M