FBI agent is shot during training exercise in Edmond
An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center. Federal officers are investigating.
EDMOND — An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center.
FBI spokesman Rick Rains did not identify the agent but said he was listed in good condition.
The injured agent was taken by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Family members have been notified, Rains said.
The FBI's emergency medical technicians at the scene administered help until he could be airlifted, Rains said.
The shooting occurred about 3:25 p.m. during a training exercise, Rains said.
Federal agents are investigating what happened at the firing range, which is east of Midwest Boulevard on Danforth Road.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion