FBI agent is shot during training exercise in Edmond
An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center. Federal officers are investigating.
EDMOND — An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center.
FBI spokesman Rick Rains did not identify the agent but said he was listed in good condition.
The injured agent was taken by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Family members have been notified, Rains said.
The FBI's emergency medical technicians at the scene administered help until he could be airlifted, Rains said.
The shooting occurred about 3:25 p.m. during a training exercise, Rains said.
Federal agents are investigating what happened at the firing range, which is east of Midwest Boulevard on Danforth Road.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad