FBI agent is shot during training exercise in Edmond
An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center. Federal officers are investigating.
EDMOND — An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center.
FBI spokesman Rick Rains did not identify the agent but said he was listed in good condition.
The injured agent was taken by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Family members have been notified, Rains said.
The FBI's emergency medical technicians at the scene administered help until he could be airlifted, Rains said.
The shooting occurred about 3:25 p.m. during a training exercise, Rains said.
Federal agents are investigating what happened at the firing range, which is east of Midwest Boulevard on Danforth Road.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense