FBI: Person of interest ruled out in temple attack
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The FBI has spoken with a man earlier considered a person of interest in the Sikh temple shootings near Milwaukee and ruled him out as being connected with the rampage that left six worshippers dead.
The FBI asked for the public's help Monday in finding a man who was at the scene of the Sunday shooting. They showed his picture of at a news conference.
Hours later, FBI spokesman Leonard Peace said the person had been identified, interviewed and ruled out as being connected to the shooting. Peace did not have any other details.
The shooter has been identified as Wade Michael Page. He was shot and killed by an Oak Creek police officer.
The FBI has said Page acted alone. Police have not commented on a possible motive.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims