Federal government has no money for health care
Joe Womastek (Your Views, Nov. 24) said Gov. Mary Fallin lacks leadership because she turned down $54 million in federal money for health care. I say it was a brilliant move. The federal government has no money. It's $16 trillion in debt. If Washington wants more money, it'll have to come out of our pockets or it will have to be printed or it will have to be borrowed from China. All of these alternatives hurt this country now and later.
NewsOK Related Articles
We don't need to borrow. We don't need inflation. We need to eliminate a bunch of useless government. Government, in and of itself, produces nothing. It only tells us what we can and can't do. And, it's paid very well for doing that! The big question is this: How do you tell government to fire itself?
Rich MacMillan Shawnee
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister