Federal government says Hobby Lobby cannot raise religious objections to insurance requirements
The federal government is asking a judge to rule against Hobby Lobby, which does not want to provide employees insurance coverage for “abortion-causing drugs and devices” because of the owners’ religious beliefs.
The federal government is asking a judge to rule against Hobby Lobby, whose owners do not want to provide their employees with insurance coverage for “abortion-causing drugs and devices.”
Founder David Green and other owners of the Oklahoma City-based retail chain sued in September in federal court in Oklahoma City.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins