Federal Government warns consumers about ‘Turduckens’
As part of its preparations for Thanksgiving, the USDA has sent out a “Holiday food safety kit” which includes a warning about the proper preparations required while assembling a “Turducken.” (A ‘Turducken’ is a layered roast chicken, stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey)
“Critical control points involved in handling this risky assemblage are many, especially if the dish is made by a consumer and not in a USDA-inspected plant,” warns the government fact-sheet prepared by the Food Inspection Service.
The over 800 word document warns consumers about the dangers of bacteria – instructing them to keep the meat of the three birds at the proper temperature while assembling the elaborate stuffed poultry.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims