Federal grant funds to aid other Oklahoma City area health projects
In addition to the cardiovascular program directed at the 73111 ZIP code, several other projects will be supported by a $3.5 million federal Community Transformation Grant over a five-year period.
In addition to the cardiovascular program directed at the 73111 ZIP code, several other projects will be supported by a $3.5 million federal Community Transformation Grant over a five-year period. Other recipients include:
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma City Public Schools
The grant will to support the hiring of a physical education/physical activity coordinator to provide support to the district.
Health Alliance for the Uninsured
The funds will be used for the development of a coordinated system of patient care in a partnership of area hospitals and clinics, including the development of a case management system designed to improve quality of care.
City of Oklahoma City
The grant will go toward conducting a food system assessment and analysis, and for a sidewalk completion project, a parks needs assessment, a health determinants and outcomes analysis and for further plan development to improve healthy food availability, “walkability” and bicycle access in the city's roads and parks.
American Lung Association of the Plains-Gulf Region
The grant will go toward employing a Tobacco Free coordinator to educate and encourage multiuse housing facilities to become smoke free.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater