FedEx drivers deliver holiday cheer in the form of packages
Monday was one of the busiest days of the year for FedEx, which said it would deliver more than 17 million packages that day, up 9 percent from last year.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 8 photos
Need a package delivered by Christmas? Here are shipping deadlines for FedEx, UPS and the Postal Service.
• FedEx: Monday for regular home delivery; two-day, overnight and same-day delivery available, even on Christmas Day.
• UPS: Tuesday, Dec. 20 for 3-Day Select, Thursday, Dec. 22 for 2nd Day Air or Friday, Dec. 23 for Next Day Air; there is a $15 surcharge for Saturday delivery.
• United States Postal Service: Thursday for Parcel Post, Monday for international shipping, Tuesday for First-Class Mail, Wednesday for Priority Mail and Thursday for Express Mail.
Work days in December are like running a whole marathon compared to a half marathon the rest of the year, he says. And just because it's Christmas Day, don't be shocked to see a FedEx truck. They often will pull a short, two-hour shift on the holiday to ensure everything gets done, Beltrane said.
“Every single package we get for Christmas is going to get delivered,” he said.
The peak delivery day is a little later for UPS, which expects to handle 26 million packages on Thursday, Dec. 22, its busiest day, said spokeswoman Sara Everett. Most arrive in one to three days.
“If you're a procrastinator, you can ship as late as Friday the 23rd,” she said, though the Saturday delivery will incur an additional $15 charge.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater