Feed The Children founders drop ouster lawsuit
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The founders of the Feed The Children charity have dropped a lawsuit that accused the founder and owner of Oklahoma City-based Hobby Lobby of playing a role in pushing them out of their jobs.
Larry and Frances Jones filed a motion last week to dismiss the lawsuit they filed in May 2011 against David Green and other members of the Green family.
The lawsuit alleged that the Greens conspired to take control of Oklahoma City-based charity. The Greens denied the allegation and said the lawsuit was an attempt to tarnish the family's reputation.
In a statement, Hobby Lobby's general counsel, Peter Dobelbower, said the Greens had nothing to do with the controversy at the charity.
The charity's board fired Larry Jones in 2009, and Frances Jones resigned in December 2010.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims