Ann Bartlett, former Oklahoma first lady, dies at 92
TULSA — Ann Bartlett, former Oklahoma first lady and widow of late Oklahoma U.S. senator and governor Dewey Bartlett, died Saturday night. She was 92.
TULSA — Ann Bartlett, former Oklahoma first lady and widow of late Oklahoma U.S. senator and governor Dewey Bartlett, died Saturday night.
She was 92.
“My family just lost the best mother we could have ever hoped to have,” said her son, Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett, in a statement issued by the city. “She was a woman of incredible grace. Our family was with her when she passed from this life, and she was at peace.”
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Dewey Bartlett Sr., and second husband, John Burke.
Her survivors include three children, Dewey F. Bartlett Jr., Joan C. Atkinson and Michael H. Bartlett.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Christ the King Catholic Church. Fitzgerald Ivy Funeral Service is handling arrangements.
See the Tulsa World's complete story at www.tulsaworld.com
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say