H: ° L: °,
Authorities investigating body found on Arkansas River sandbar
The body of an unidentified man thought to be in his 30s was discovered on an Arkansas River sandbar in Tulsa on Monday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the north side of the 71st Street Bridge about 4:15 p.m. after three pedestrians spotted the body, police said.
Firefighters removed the body about two hours later, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena