Autopsy shows teenager died of stab wound to the heart
Nick Tilley, 16, died Nov. 9 after he was stabbed outside a Seminole High School football game. Jonathan Weaver, 15, is charged as an adult with first-degree murder in Tilley's death. His preliminary hearing is set for Jan. 16 in Seminole County District Court.
SEMINOLE — An autopsy report released Thursday shows a Seminole teen died from a single stab wound to the heart.
Nick Tilley, 16, died Nov. 9 after he was stabbed outside a Seminole High School football game. The autopsy report lists the manner of death as homicide.
According to the autopsy report, the wound was 6 inches deep and penetrated several areas of the heart. Blunt force trauma to Tilley's right cheek, chin, top of right shoulder, back of the right forearm and a superficial wound to his right knee were noted. A toxicology report shows his blood alcohol level measured 0.09.
Jonathan Weaver, 15, is charged as an adult with first-degree murder in Tilley's death. His preliminary hearing is set for Jan. 16 in Seminole County District Court. Weaver does not have an attorney listed on the court docket sheet.
The arrest affidavit in his case remains sealed and access to the court case remains restricted, according to Seminole County court officials.
District Judge Gayla Arnold sealed the arrest affidavit, which normally would give a basic summary of the information that led to Weaver's arrest. At the time, Arnold said she sealed the affidavit because it included the names of several witnesses, some of whom had been threatened over their cooperation with authorities.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said the investigation into Tilley's death is continuing.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments