Body found in Norman house after fire
Norman firefighters responded Wednesday to a house fire at 619 Villa Drive. Once the fire was out firefighters discovered a body inside the house, investigators said.
NORMAN — Investigators here said they aren't sure about the cause of death of a person found inside a burning home Wednesday.
NewsOK Related Articles
Norman police Capt. Tom Easley said detectives were called to investigate, along with fire officials, “because the cause of death is not readily apparent.” He stopped short of saying the death was suspicious.
“We don't know what we've got,” Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said. “We are investigating it to see if it is suspicious.”
Neighbors said Tina Burton and her son, Pat, live at the single-story house at 619 Villa Drive. They said Tina Burton is in Tennessee visiting relatives and that Pat Burton was off work because of an injury and had been staying home recuperating.
The neighbors, and close friends of the family who arrived on the scene midafternoon, said they believe Pat Burton is the person who was found inside the house.
Pat Burton's pickup is missing from the residence, they said.
Bailey said he could not confirm that the body was a man or woman or that it was Pat Burton.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad