35-year-old found dead on rural Logan County property
Family members have identified a decomposing body found Wednesday as that of Bunk Frank Pergl, 35, authorities said. Investigators found no signs of foul play.
MERIDIAN — A body found on a rural Logan County property was identified Thursday by family members as a 35-year-old man who had been missing for several months.
Bunk Frank Pergl was found dead Wednesday at a property along State Highway 105 east of Henney Road near Meridian, sheriff's spokesman Capt. Richard Stephens said. Authorities do not believe his death was a homicide.
The property is a parcel of land with an unused house and storage buildings across the road from the owner's residence, Stephens said. The owner told investigators he hadn't been there since June.
Pergl's body was found between two sheds. He was wearing summer clothing. The clothes and some unique jewelry Pergl was wearing helped family members identify him Thursday, Stephens said.
He lived in the area where his body was found. Authorities don't know how Pergl died. The state medical examiner will try to determine his cause of death, but Stephens said it is not considered suspicious.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash