Broken Arrow man dies after friend falls asleep at the wheel
A Broken Arrow man died in a wreck on the Will Rogers Turnpike when his friend fell asleep at the wheel, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
A Broken Arrow man died in a wreck on the Will Rogers Turnpike Sunday, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
Dayton Wilson, 21, died after the wreck about 2 a.m. at mile marker 304 two miles east of Afton in Ottawa County, troopers said.
Wilson was a passenger in a car driven by Zachary L. Wofford, 26, of Tulsa. Troopers said Wofford fell asleep at the wheel while driving west on the turnpike. The car hit a concrete barrier wall and rolled three times.
Wilson was pronounced dead at the scene. Wofford refused treatment for his injuries and a second passenger was not injured, troopers said.
Everyone in the car was wearing a seat belt.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort