Colbert's sister enters S.C. congressional race
CHARLESTON, S.C. — No joke.
While comedian Stephen Colbert once spoofed that he was running for the president of the United States of South Carolina, his sister really is earnestly seeking a vacant congressional seat in the state.
Democrat Elizabeth Colbert-Busch plans to file next week to enter the race for the 1st District, her campaign manager Bill Romjue said Friday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say