Cushing man dies in Payne County crash
A Cushing man died in a crash Monday night, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
CUSHING — A Cushing man died in a crash Sunday night, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
About 10:50 p.m., Kenneth A. Gomez, 22, was driving south on a Payne County road, one mile east of Cushing, when the pickup went out of control, struck several objects and rolled onto its top, according to the patrol report.
Gomez died at the scene, troopers said, and two passengers in his pickup were treated and released from a hospital.
No one in the pickup was wearing a seat belt.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman