Edmond church to present 'One Incredible Moment'
First Presbyterian Church will present the Christmas musical Dec. 13-16
EDMOND — More than 100 cast members are putting the final polish to their lines for “One Incredible Moment.” The Christmas musical opens at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 13 for a four-night run at First Presbyterian Church of Edmond.
“One Incredible Moment” is a one-hour narrative written by minister and best-selling author Max Lucado. Set to music by Tom Fettke, noted composer of Christian music, the production depicts the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
Originally written as a cantata, it was adapted as a Broadway-style musical by Terry Attebery, a veteran director and drama coach who lives in Edmond. The production fills 60 minutes with spectacular color, stirring stage action and inspirational songs.
The production features cast and crew members from Christian denominations throughout the Oklahoma City metro area. Jessie Meeks of Oklahoma City and Justin Attebery of Edmond head the singing cast as Mary and Joseph. Edmond's Harry Birdwell as Simeon stops the show with his rich baritone rendition of “At Last I See Him.”
Scheduled performances are at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 13-16, at First Presbyterian Church of Edmond, 1101 Rankin Street. General admission is free to the public. Reserved pew seating is available for $10 a ticket. Reservations can be made online at www.fpcedmond.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims