Edmond planners to consider health center site
The final plat for a new complex for the Living Well at Spring Creek will be considered by the Edmond Planning Commission on Tuesday. The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m.
EDMOND — A final plat on 3.3 acres near 15th Street and Bryant Avenue for a building to house Living Well at Spring Creek, a center for creating health awareness for families, will go before the planning commission on Tuesday.
The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at 20 S Littler Ave.
The proposed building is north of 15th Street and west of Spring Creek Village shopping center.
The office park will have three buildings, including a 1,500-square-foot cafe that will be part of Michele Menzel's Energetic Wellness program.
A 400-square-foot area would be reserved for the sale of health supplements and food products.
Menzel, a natural health practitioner, now operates her business near Broadway and Rankin Street.
City council members in July approved rezoning of the property.
Councilwoman Elizabeth Waner voted against the rezoning and said she was concerned about the size of the property that backs up to the floodplain and the size of the project. She had questions about drainage and landscaping requirements.
Mayor Charles Lamb said he was concerned about the right turns into the property in an area where heavy traffic is common.
City planners said the driveway on 15th Street is required to have a right-in, right-out structure. They also said the final plat matches the preliminary plat and the Planned Unit Development master plan.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M