Bass player for Toby Keith dies in Noble crash
Carl Reber “Chuck” Goff Jr., the bass player for Toby Keith, was killed in a two-car collision Wednesday.
NOBLE — A man killed in a crash Wednesday night has been identified as Carl Reber “Chuck” Goff Jr., the bass player for Oklahoma country music star Toby Keith.
Videoview all videos
Mar 1A man killed in a crash Wednesday night has been...
Photoview all photos
Goff, 54, of Noble, was killed in a two-car collision about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday at 96th Street and Cemetery Road.
Cleveland County sheriff's spokeswoman Meghan McCormick said the crash remains under investigation. Only the two drivers were involved in the wreck. The other driver was not injured, she said.
Along with playing bass for Keith, Goff shared songwriting credits with the superstar on his hits “Upstairs Downtown” and “You Ain't Much Fun.” Goff also had his own signature bass through Dean Guitars.
“We are deeply saddened by the sudden death of our band member, Chuck Goff,” Keith said in a statement released through his publicist.
“He was a close friend for over 25 years, the band leader and bass player. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister