Father arrested on child neglect complaint after son, 3, shot
A man wanted for child neglect after his 3-year-old son was shot in the leg by the boy’s grandmother’s boyfriend has been arrested.
Christopher Abel, 24, was charged Nov. 16 with child neglect, Tulsa County District Court filings show. Prosecutors allege that Abel failed to “properly supervise and/or provide a safe environment” for the boy, thereby allowing him to get shot.
Darren Craig Wolfe, 45, and Cynthia Louise Abel, 44, were also charged with child neglect.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say