Former Oklahoma teacher waives preliminary hearing in student rape case
Former Bethel High School teacher Wendy Hickman, 41, faces charges of rape, second-degree forcible sodomy and soliciting sexual conduct or communication with minor by use of technology. She waived her right to a preliminary hearing Monday.
SHAWNEE — A former Bethel High School English teacher accused of raping a teenage male student waived her right to a preliminary hearing Monday, according to the district attorney's office.
Wendy Hickman, 41, of Shawnee, appeared in Pottawatomie County District Court for a preliminary hearing on charges of rape, second-degree forcible sodomy and soliciting sexual conduct or communication with minor by use of technology.
Investigation records show the 16-year-old victim reported he had sex with Hickman and she sent nude pictures of herself to his cellphone.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims