Hearing canceled for Oklahoma State sex assault suspect
STILLWATER (AP) — A bond reduction hearing was called off for a suspended Oklahoma State student charged with sexual battery.
Wednesday's hearing in Payne County District Court for 22-year-old Nathan Cochran was canceled because Cochran posted the $100,000 bond Friday and was released. He is now due back in court on Jan. 7.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cochran has pleaded not guilty to three counts of sexual battery. Prosecutors say Cochran molested or attempted to molest two fellow students while they slept in a dorm room.
OSU has drawn criticism for not immediately reporting the alleged incidents when they first came to light in November. Police say they didn't learn of the case until Dec. 6 when contacted for comment by the campus newspaper.
OSU has promised to review how it handled the claims.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena