Heartwarming moments defy chill at Rose Parade
PASADENA, Calif. — A couple who became husband and wife on the “Love Float,” a surprise reunion between a returning soldier and his little boy, and a grand marshal famed globally for her chimpanzee research were among the highlights of the 124th Rose Parade on Tuesday.
The parade's spectacular 42 floral floats brightened an otherwise cloudy New Year's morning and boosted the spirits of a chilled crowd estimated at some 700,000 spectators lining the 5-mile...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater