Inmate considered armed and dangerous escapes Oklahoma prison
McALESTER (AP) — Authorities say an inmate has escaped the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center in McAlester.
Prison security chief Rick Caywood told the McAlester News-Capitol that 27-year-old Kenneth Hammick II disappeared Thursday between the 6:30 a.m. and the 8:30 a.m. head count. Caywood says Hammick is considered armed and dangerous.
The Department of Corrections website shows Hammick was serving a four-year sentence for a 2011 drug conviction in Cherokee County.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort