Judges learn it's human to have feelings on bench
WASHINGTON — A Florida judge's harsh reaction to a disrespectful teenage defendant, captured on court video, was a reminder that judges don't shed their emotions when they don their black robes.
The recent episode quickly went viral. But for a few dozen new federal judges, it became a lesson in finding ways to acknowledge they experience a range of feelings on the bench and to channel...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims