Man is arrested in beating death of south Oklahoma City man
Oklahoma City police have made an arrest in an August home invasion homicide. A man was fatally beaten in August. A second man is still sought.
An arrest has been made in the beating death of a man during an August home invasion, Oklahoma City police said Friday.
Tony Overton, 46, was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service about 6:30 p.m. Thursday on complaints of first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and first-degree burglary. He was booked into the Oklahoma County jail.
Videoview all videos
Feb 8Oklahoma City police report an arrest in an August home...
Photoview all photos
Ricky Wallice, 55, was fatally beaten Aug. 29, when two men broke into his residence at 1809 SW 19.
Police are looking for the second man, who is described as black, about 30 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and about 145 pounds. He wore a do-rag on his head, a dark bandanna, blue T-shirt and black jeans.
Two men were seen riding bicycles north on Westwood from SW 19 after the beating, police reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Oklahoma City homicide tip line at 297-1200.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort