Man put to death in Texas for woman's 2002 slaying
HUNTSVILLE, Texas — A man described by a prosecutor as “a serial killer in training” was executed Thursday in Texas for a woman's slaying during a break-in at her home a decade ago.
Mario Swain, 33, received a lethal injection for killing Lola Nixon at her home in East Texas' Longview two days after Christmas in 2002. When asked by a warden if he had a final statement...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater